Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Simple Moments of Joy

This week I have really been thinking about what things have been the best parts of my day and it has been the simple things. For example a few days ago the girls helped me get the dirty laundry in the washing machine and then we just watched as our front loader machine began washing. It was silly, fun and simple just watching the water, bubbles and clothes spin around. Last night the girls helped make cookies with me and it was all giggles, eating the dough and having milk and cookies when they where done. A perfect end to the day. Justin just got home and Ariana came and laid down on him while he is watching baseball. Its 6pm and she hasn't eaten dinner yet and I warned him she was falling asleep and he said"Its ok, I like this and I so rarely get the opportunity." How could I deny him this simple moment of joy?

5 comments:

Becky said...

We definitly need to stop and smell the roses! You're an AWESOME Mom Nancy!

Dan and Sarah said...

garsh, that is soo sweet.

Brenda E said...

I find it hard sometimes to slow down enough to recognize and enjoy those kinds of things. I know they are definitely there though. I love to hear my kids laugh, and watch them play together. Baylee is always helpful with things I am doing. She wants to be apart of it. Brandon is great with being there and helping his little sister. He also has an incredible imagination. It is great to see Merik interact with them as well. I love it when he takes time to help Brandon with his homework and gives me a break.

Jenny said...

I just love seeing girls with their daddy's!

Carl and Starla said...

I love this post...thank you!