Sunday, January 31, 2010

Halloween 2009

I'm still so sad that we lost our original Halloween pictures but thanks to a couple friends I do have a couple and am planning on hopefully one of these days getting a picture of Ariana all dressed up in her giraffe costume so all was not lost for this fun Holiday.
Alexis LOVES star wars. She has her own light saber and legos, she loves to watch the movies and play Lego Star Wars on the computer. So it was no surprise that she chose to be Princess Leia for Halloween. She wanted to be the scandalous Leia (you know the one in the last original movie) and of course I was not going for that so we opted for Leia from the first original movie. Funny side note: Alexis has gotten a little confused with what modesty is and one day made the comment, "that princess is totally modest, only her belly button is showing!" I was rather happy with how I pulled her costume together. Her dress is one of my preschool graduation robes and the belt is one of mine : )
I visited CA in October when my brother and his wife went through the temple and I brought back the skunk fur coat my Grandma Nancy gave to me. It was one of her pride and joys from her youth so I hope she didn't take too much offense in heaven when I used it for my Halloween costume inspiration. I was Cruella Devil.

Ariana was of course a giraffe or a "gaff" as she calls them. This was a lucky find on my part. Costco had giraffe big belly costumes for only $10. I can't imagine if I had actually had to make a giraffe costume. Funny part was on Halloween she insisted she wear her cowgirl boots with the costume. I promise I will get a picture of my little gaff one of these days.

No comments: