Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight - The movie


So as I posted before I got tickets to the Thursday night midnight premier of Twilight. I went with my friend Teniel and her sister Natalie. We had a great time and actually sat in good seats. That said here is my first round opinion of the movie: I was disappointed. I went knowing the book would always be better but I found myself laughing at the acting several times and didn't feel like they developed the story behind the characters very well. It also made it hard to enjoy the movie because sitting behind us where some really LOUD teenage girls who were making some kind of noise throughout the ENTIRE movie! I've been to premiers before so I expect applause and generally more noise but seriously those girls took it to a very annoying level. I left feeling like I had to come back and give the movie a second chance (hopefully without loud girls behind my head) So the next night I amazingly convienced Justin to come with me to it. Second round opinion: I liked it better. I still laughed at some of the chessyness but overall I walked away feeling a lot more satisfied and I really like the direction they took Charlie (Bella's Dad). The book is still better but I always knew it would be so if you haven't read the book READ IT!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You really do love this Twilight stuff. I am feeling out of the loop because I haven't even read the books yet. I bet get on that. Someday..... Looks like fun! Hope to have you back to the blogging world!

Sarah said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm excited to. I suppose you have to have some level of cheesiness with a romance novel like that.