Friday October 16, 2009 Justin Richard Ashby turned 30. The girls made fun posters for the front door and while Alexis was at school Ariana and I decorated the house with lots of balloons. The girls also made two books for him. We bought a baseball cake from Costco and invited a few friends over to share and help blow out all those candles.
Turning 30 has made Justin feel a little funny but we did have a fabulous day. We've been working really hard towards paying off his car so we decided for his birthday to pay the remaining balance as his "present". This is Justin getting ready to pay off the car:
YIPPY, now both cars a totally paid for!!
Justin also has never taken our girls to the movies and thought they might like Where the Wild Things Are that was being released on his birthday. We borrowed the book from the Scotts and the girls loved it!! (we had to read it three times the first night we read it) We ended up at a Matinee showing on Friday. Justin wanted to buy popcorn and drinks (something we never do and I know why WOW $17 for a large popcorn and 2 drinks) I couldn't even focus on the movie at first because I was trying not to hyperventilate about the expensive popcorn... don't spill ANY of IT!! The girls had fun going to the theatre and loved the popcorn and drinks. The movie was decent, the girls liked it and they loved sharing Daddy's lap.
After the movie the girls each took their favorite item out to the car. Alexis wanted the popcorn bucket and Ariana had way to much fun waving her massive straw around. Alexis had way cuter pictures with her bucket but she insisted on me taking a picture of "shoving popcorn in my mouth" so I had to include her request.
Happy Birthday Justin. Don't worry I don't think 30 will be too bad. Your birthday was a fabulous first day and I truly hope the rest of your year will be too. I think back to where we were a year ago and the difference between the two years is black and white. I'm so grateful that we had such a great day for you! Happy Birthday! : )
5 comments:
I'm glad he had a great day! Love the "pay off the car" b-day present. That is totally something I would love!!! We don't do the movie/popcorn/drinks either except for the free summer movies when I pop the popcorn at home and give it to the kids in baggies with a capri sun at the movie theatre.
Happy Birthday Justin! We sure miss you guys. Glad you had a great first day of being thirty. It really doesn't feel much different from 29, does it?
Happy Birthday! Thirty isn't too Bad right?
what a good husband to go see a kids movie for his birthday! Happy late birthday Justin!
Happy Birthday Justin! Wow 30? He is old :)
Post a Comment