Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby's First Picture

Today was my first OB appointment. I purposely waited until I was 10 weeks to go in because I wanted to make sure they could hear the heart beat. I tried not to think about it too much but yesterday it finally hit me that today was the day it truly would become "real". After realizing this I started getting nervous and scared. Everything has been so different this time already and even though I've had a really good feeling that this was meant to happen now I was still scared that something could be wrong. I started shaking this afternoon I was so nervous, I was tired but I couldn't even take a nap. When I finally got to the office I was late (because I got lost getting there). Filling out paper work took my mind off things a little but than I just had to sit and wait. I started to shake and was so close to tears. I got to talk to Dr. Ibay and then he took me back to the office's ultrasound room. I was sweating by this point and was sticking to the table. As soon as he got the ultrasound on we could see my little baby's heart beating. I started to breath easier. Dr. Ibay tried to have me pretend cough and laugh to wake the baby up so it would move around for us but it just wanted to sleep and I don't mind. I was smiling by this point and fairly well composed until he turned on the heart beat so I could hear and see its rhythm. I started crying and didn't stop for a very long time. I am so happy and relieved and feel like all the stress of the last 24 hours finally just all came out in my tears. Poor Justin and the girls. All I could do is cry. I couldn't even leave Justin a coherent message on his phone after the appointment because I couldn't stop crying. So everything is looking good and my due date is officially October 28, 2011! : )

7 comments:

Julie said...

oh what a sweet post! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Such a relief to hear that heartbeat and see your cute little "bean"...

Simonds Family said...

Yay!!! October is a good month for being born! Just ask Hamp and Jacob ;-)

Becky said...

Congratulations Nancy! We are so happy for you and you sweet family. What a blessing. We miss and love you guys : )

Sarah said...

Oh, that post made me get all teary-eyed. So sweet, and I'm glad everything is looking good. Such a relief to see that tiny little heart beating.

Dan and Sarah said...

Yay! Happy news:)

Katrina said...

I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! We need to get together soon. It has been too long!