Sunday, May 25, 2008
My own Shirley Temple
Alexis first big dance recital was this past Wednesday at the Henderson Pavallion. She has been in Lori Day's 3 year old tap and jazz class since September and loves her teacher and dancing. Alexis was so excited for her recital. I was nervous because her class did a little Christmas show in December and Alexis hardly danced at all and was really grumpy. It hadn't help that she had missed dinner before the show. So Wednesday I made sure she had an early dinner and brought lots of snacks. I think that most exciting thing for Alexis in getting ready was making her hair curly and wow did it turn out curly! She was my own Shirley Temple. Alexis did great in the recital. She remembered most of her steps and was actually almost always right on the beat (that has taken a long time to figure out!) I was very proud of my little dancer. Ariana already can't wait for her turn on stage. Each week when it time for dance class she has to get dressed in dance clothes and wear her own little pair of tap shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad that Alexis actually danced. Skye danced all through her dances, but Delanie stopped in both hers to just "check things out" in the audience. (or so it seemed) I thought it was funny, especially since all the other kids were dancing and the dance teachers' daughter wasn't.
She looked so cute! The girls did so good that night. Much better than the Christmas one.
I love those cute little outfits and that curly hair! I can't believe how old your girls look! Neeley has hers in 3 weeks. We'll see how that turns out! You just never know!
Alexis looks so, so cute! I can't believe those curls! She really does look like a Shirley Temple! Way to go on the dancing.
Post a Comment