BOUNCE U
Before we left on our trip I took the girls to Bounce U. Ariana is really into to jumping on anything so Bounce U is great for her now. Alexis favorite is still the giant slide and what would Bounce U be with out a favorite friend? I'm so glad that Alexis has Savannah as one of her "best friends" As close as 4 year old friends can be to sisters is what these two are. It has been so hard for Alexis whenever Savannah has been out of town or we where and she couldn't see her buddy.
THE MOVIES
Alexis has never been to a movie in a theater before so I decided that I would take her and her cousin Ryan to a movie at the dollar theater in Sandy. When my sister-in-law, Kelly, and I were pregnant with these two cuties our due dates were 2 days apart. Kelly got induced a week early and I went over my date by three days so Alexis and Ryan are 12 days apart in age. Aren't they so cute with their enormous bag of pop corn and movie tickets!?! We saw Horton Hears a Who. It was so much fun!
THE DINOSAUR MUSEUM
I have wanted to take the girls to the dinosaur museum in Thanks Giving Point for a while but I hadn't heard great things about it to justify the price. Well apparently every Tuesday in August all the museums at Thanks Giving Point cost $2 to enter so me and two of my sister-in-laws loaded up the kids and off we went. Ok I don't know what we were thinking because you yell cheap in Utah and watch out for the stampede. The lines were huge and inside was extremely crowded. The museum was much better than I thought it would be and Alexis LOVED it. I felt bad for her that I brought her when it was so crowded because I wasn't very patient and both girls had melt downs in the sand box area. (the big kids kept taking all the sand and toys) Ariana also was freaking out because she couldn't get the wet sand off her hands. One of their absolute favorite parts was walking through the dark tunnel that made it feel like you are walking in space with the stars. I think we walked that tunnel at least 6 times (maybe more). Can you tell Ariana was tired by the end?
THE POOL
My sister-in-law Kristin has a fabulous swimming pool that we used several times during our vacation. Ariana hates floaties except for her yellow ring and the green one you see her wearing in the picture. That green floatie is awesome because it has the armbands, the section across the middle and it snaps in the back. If she was to fall in with that on she'd roll right onto her back. Sadly that floatie wasn't Ariana's it was her cousin Austin's so she could only wear it when he wasn't at the pool. It was purchased at wal-mart during the beginning of swim season so if anyone ever sees it in the store let me know! : )
THE CANYON
The last night we where in Utah we all decided to go up to American Fork Canyon. We brought sandwiches, drinks, watermelon and of course stuff to roast marshmellows. We all had a great time. Alexis followed her cousins everywhere but when the two boys who are her age decided to start sliding in the dirt she poked the dirt with her finger brushed her hands off stood back and just watched them get filthy. The bathroom was just a glorified outhouse and of course Alexis had to pee twice and not being a boy who has the luxry of being able to go anywhere we had to use the stinky house. I didn't want her bum to touch the seat so I just kind of held her over it but the first time I didn't aim well and she peed all over my feet and down her leg. Opps! Overall though a great ending to our trip.
THE HAIR CUT
BIGGEST LOSER
While in Utah I was able to visit with lots of old friends. It was great seeing them all. I am horrible at picking up the phone or writing so it is really nice when I get to see friends in person and catch up. One of my dear friends is Jenny who got me into the Biggest Loser contest. We both worked really hard and did great! I visited her the Monday before our last weigh-in and her husband told her to purposely get fattening food for lunch since it really was down to me or her by the end. To bad Jeremy that when you invite someone over for lunch you eat the same food as them ; ) The final weigh-in was on Monday August 11 and the Saturday before I started my period, total bummer because you naturally weigh more during your period, and Sunday I started getting sick. I did manage to still have a 2.5lb loss that week so I was happy about that. The results... I lost 9.14% and Jenny lost 9.41% Didn't we do great? (sorry I am slightly proud of myself that I was able to stick with it) That was the best $20 I have ever spent on weight loss. Now I just need to get going again but being sick and trying to return to normal life after vacation has totally thrown me off.
7 comments:
Sounds like a totally fun trip! I love Utah in the Summer. It's so nice in the evenings :) (I felt the same way about Emma's hair when I cut it... but it did turn out pretty cute.)
I am glad you had fun! I was wondering why you weren't blogging! Thanks for the info about subbing! I will probably just stick close by also. I signed up for East and Southeast, but only high school.
Hey,I think you all had a blast on vacation. If it was cheaper to travel I would definetly do more of it.
I am so glad you are home. We missed not seeing you guys around. I am so glad you guys were able to have so much fun in Utah.
I can't believe Alexis has never been to a movie theater. It is probably for the best. We have taken our kids since they were babies and they are finally sitting through them. I wish we had a nice dollar theater here in Vegas.
My kids always want to go to the Dinosaur Museum. We will have to go next time.
It is weird to me that people have pools in Utah. For me, it is way to cold to swim there even in the summer.
We miss AF canyon so much. Especially Regan.
Love Alexis new hair cut. She looks so cute!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you for losing weight. I know it can be so hard at times. That is awesome and you look GREAT by the way.
Do you think my comment could be any longer?!?!
It was so fun seeing you too! It looks like you had a fun filled vacation. I am sure you are all exhausted now! We are usually like that after vacation. Sometimes it is hard to come back and face real life too!
Thanks for the competition. We will have to do it again! It really was a motivator for me. I need more motivation, especially now!
It was fun reading all about your trip! I sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you're back in town now though! Thanks agian for your service to us, it was so nice!!!
I am so glad you could come visit!
Post a Comment