So as some of you know, I've been participating in a 6 week weight loss competition with 10 other women. We all put in $20 dollars so who ever has the biggest percentage of weight loss as of August 11 wins all the money. We are down to our final two weeks and I've been doing pretty good. I go to my cardio strength classes M,W,F and go on walks/runs every morning. I've lost about 12 lbs so far yeah!! So those of you who are good with numbers have realized that $185 is not what you win BUT this morning Justin is out of town so I took the girls with me on my morning walk. Our third garage port does not have an automatic opener and in the morning I go out that door and close it just far enough so it doesn't lock. When I left the garage this morning I was in the middle of telling the girls to sit still and not fight when I was closing the door and without thinking closed it all the way! Great, Justin is out of town and doesn't get back until tomorrow and what do I do I lock myself and my girls out of the house at 6:30 in the morning! Super, and I have preschool at 9:30 today! I didn't want to go knock on anyones door then so I went on my walk and then over to my friend Teneal's (sorry I don't know how you spell your name Teneal) They graciously let us in, me being stinky and everything from walking and let me use the phone to call a lock smith. I quickly went through the phone book and called the first add I saw advertising home lock outs. Now this is how you make an easy $185 dollars you teach your self how to pick peoples locks and then when they are in distress and call for help you charge them $185 dollars for two minutes worth of work by picking their lock! $185 dollars!!!! thats more than I can even win in the weight loss competition. So now my new habit of exercising and trying to loose weight is costing me way more than I could ever have imagined. Lessons Learned Today: hide a key, if you do get locked out ask how much before the lock smith comes and then call around for better rates. Justin is not going to be happy when he gets home : (
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
A fast way to earn $185
So as some of you know, I've been participating in a 6 week weight loss competition with 10 other women. We all put in $20 dollars so who ever has the biggest percentage of weight loss as of August 11 wins all the money. We are down to our final two weeks and I've been doing pretty good. I go to my cardio strength classes M,W,F and go on walks/runs every morning. I've lost about 12 lbs so far yeah!! So those of you who are good with numbers have realized that $185 is not what you win BUT this morning Justin is out of town so I took the girls with me on my morning walk. Our third garage port does not have an automatic opener and in the morning I go out that door and close it just far enough so it doesn't lock. When I left the garage this morning I was in the middle of telling the girls to sit still and not fight when I was closing the door and without thinking closed it all the way! Great, Justin is out of town and doesn't get back until tomorrow and what do I do I lock myself and my girls out of the house at 6:30 in the morning! Super, and I have preschool at 9:30 today! I didn't want to go knock on anyones door then so I went on my walk and then over to my friend Teneal's (sorry I don't know how you spell your name Teneal) They graciously let us in, me being stinky and everything from walking and let me use the phone to call a lock smith. I quickly went through the phone book and called the first add I saw advertising home lock outs. Now this is how you make an easy $185 dollars you teach your self how to pick peoples locks and then when they are in distress and call for help you charge them $185 dollars for two minutes worth of work by picking their lock! $185 dollars!!!! thats more than I can even win in the weight loss competition. So now my new habit of exercising and trying to loose weight is costing me way more than I could ever have imagined. Lessons Learned Today: hide a key, if you do get locked out ask how much before the lock smith comes and then call around for better rates. Justin is not going to be happy when he gets home : (
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hmmm Do you think that might be a good fund raiser. Learn to pick locks for Charity. hee hee. Just kidding. You could give a friend a key as well. That is also nice if you go away. At least I feel more secure that way. Wow what a great way to motivate yourself to stay on track with dieting. I wonder who are the other ladies.
I am so proud of you for losing the weight that you have. I know it is not easy. I am sorry you had a stressful day. I can't believe that he charged you that much! That is insane.
Oh, that just stinks. You know the reason why they charge so much is because they know people are desperate when they call them. The hide a key is a good idea, Delanie has locked us out twice so far & I have done it once as well. I REALLY need to get a hide a key! Sorry, but you know, loosing all that weight is priceless! (if that helps any!)
Awesome job on the weightloss! I am going to have to try that some time soon!! Sorry about the locksmith-robbers!!
I feel your pain! I have locked my keys in the car so many times it is embarrassing! Anything you need you are always welcome to come on over :)
It was great seeing you the other day, and I meant to tell you how great you looked! Hot mamma!
I hope you don't mind I saw your blog site on Ragan Eaton's and am checking it out. This is Brenda Edgel. I also have a blog at edgelfamily. I could not resists telling you a funny story that happened to my brother long ago. My brother is very mechanically inclined, and went to my parents house in Green Valley and was there to do my mom a favor. Anyways she was locked out, and knows how to pick locks. He had a kit to do so. Well a neighbor saw him and called the police. I believe they handcuffed him, and he kept telling them, this is my mothers house if you go in the house you will see a picture of me. I can call her for you she knows I am here. Anyway they took the locksmith kit from him, and did not proceed to arrest him after his story check out okay. It gave him a good scare though. He doesn't do that anymore obviously.
Post a Comment