Monday, November 17, 2008

Where have I been?


Yes it has been a very long time since I posted. I know that some of you see me on a fairly regular basis so you know I am still alive but for those of you who don't... everything is fine I've just been slightly preoccupied with something else in my free time for the last month. What is it that has caught my attention so thoroughly that I haven't blogged or done much of anything else in my free time? Confession time...Twilight, the four book series written by Stephanie Myer and soon to be movie. I am slightly obsessed, that's putting mildly, with the story. This probably sums it up best, I read all four books in four days the first time (they are all 500+ pages each) and am now on my third read through them. I am so excited to go see the movie and while it sounds crazy (it kind of is) me and a couple of my friends are going to the midnight premier Thursday night. Yup 12:01am! Its bringing back fun flash back from college when my roommates and I would all go to the midnight showings of Harry Potter. I guess a little bit of our fun college past stays with us : ) So don't worry I am still alive I've just been reading A LOT!

8 comments:

Katrina said...

I can't believe you have read them so many times in such a short period of time. No wonder you haven't blogged in so long! The books are amazing though so I don't blame you!

Ragan said...

I had been avoiding Twilight. I knew everybody was obsessed with it and I didn't want to commit myself because I knew I would probably get pulled in too. But last Thursday my cousin invited me to go to the midnight showing with some of her friends and she said I HAD to read the book first so she brought it up to me. I read pretty much all of it Friday night, so I couldn't figure out what was taking you a month. But all of them 3 times??? Wow! I need to borrow the rest of them from my cousin now, but I'm trying to spread it out a bit.

So, I guess I'll be up in the middle of the night watching with you... except, we're an hour ahead here so that means I'll get to see it an hour before you :p

Becky said...

Nancy, you crack me up!

Brittany said...

So glad you're still alive! Hahaha! I can't believe you read all of those books that fast, you're amazing! I hope you enjoy the movie!

Sarah said...

Yeah, I was wondering where you had been. Can't believe you read them all in four days. Geesh.
I decided to wait until all the super crazy Twilighters had seen the movie, and then go when I can have the theater to myself! Loved the books, though, and I can't wait to see the show. Do let us know how it is!

Kendra said...

I need to hear your opinion on the movie. I think I loved it overall but I missed some things from the book! I read the series in 2 weeks and thought that was fast. I suppose if I had dropped off the planet I could have done it faster but as it was, Casen was crying at me most of the time!!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Wow I am glad you had so much fun reading the books. I didn't realize you read them 3 times! Did you enjoy the movie? It is hard for a movie to match everything a book does sometimes. I am glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

Lesley said...

Welcome back!