I bought a princess castle ginger bread house kit from Smith's on sale Christmas Eve. I meant to make it with the girls Christmas day and then when that didn't happen, with my nieces and girls while we where in Utah, but that didn't happen either. Finally Justin opened up the box tonight and we made our pretty pink princess house. The girls had a lot of fun. I'm left wondering though how do people actually make them look pretty!?! Seriously we ended up spreading the frosting with our fingers because it was too hard with a knife. Hum maybe because it was the first time for all 4 of us? Good times and lots of pink frosting. Thanks Justin for taking the initiative and getting this project started, it was fun : )
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it is a cute castle. I don't see a close up though. I did one after Christmas that I also bought on sale. The sides were together which I loved because that is sometimes one of the hardest things to do. I haven't posted pictures of it yet, but plan to eventually. Mine didn't turn out as great as my mom's, but I did it anyways. Brandon and Baylee have enjoyed chowing on the candy.
By the way the frosting is very stiff so it will dry quickly. I used a metal cake decorator spatula and got it a little wet, and then used it to smooth it over for the snow on the roof. I crushed life savers for some color sprinkled on the roof.
Post a Comment