We decided when Alexis was about to turn three to make it a tradition to take our girls to Disney Land for their third birthday. Why? Because if we take them before they turn three they are still free and actually might remember some of their first trip. This year Ariana is turning three and Disney is doing a special offer for anyone to get in for free on their actual birthday. My birthday is in January so we decided to go a couple months early so that we only had to pay admission for Alexis and Justin. It was a fast trip but so much fun! Here are the pictures that tell all about our trip.

Just getting out of the car. Mommy is so happy that even though the park has already been open for an hour and half we are parked close. Yeah here we come Disney Land!
Just getting out of the car. Mommy is so happy that even though the park has already been open for an hour and half we are parked close. Yeah here we come Disney Land!
Just inside the gates after giving them our tickets. The girls really liked my sparkly birthday ticket. Ariana is all covered up because it sprinkled on us right as we came in the gate. Fortunately it never really rained all day.
Next of course is Dumbo! I'm surprised Ariana was so brave with that bar because the one at the carousel ride just before this smacked her in the head really hard and she didn't stop crying until she got on her horse. Daddy got the "magic feather"
I was shocked Justin got on this ride. When we took Alexis in 2007 we didn't do this ride and Alexis has never let it go that she didn't get to ride in a tea cup. Justin insists that the tea cups make him sick and he would never ride them again so I had to take a picture when he actually got on the ride with us. Doesn't he look sooo excited ; )
Meeting the princesses was fun and the girls reacted way differently than I thought they would. Ariana ran up to everyone and as you can see here with Ariel just wanted to touch, talk and be with them. We were litteraly pushing Alexis up to everyone and then she would barely look at them. Poor thing. She gets more shy every day it seems.
I didn't think the girls would be so thrilled to see Jasmin but they loved it. Ariana was upset that Aladin wasn't there and wouldn't let it go that she hadn't seen Aladin until we watched Fantasmic at night and she saw Aladin on the big ferry boat.
The boat driver was so nice to let Alexis ride up by her. I think she enjoyed the fact that she got to but the second picture is what her face looked like for most the ride.
Alexis still LOVES star wars so of course a HUGE highlight of the day was riding Star Tours and going to the Jedi Training academy. I think Alexis could have seriously just ridden Star Tours all day and been the happiest girl alive! Can you guess that Ariana really didn't care. She's to short to ride on Star Tours and didn't care if she had a light saber but she did enjoy when Darth Vader appeared at training camp. Alexis was to shy to be one of the kids jumping up and down to join the trainees and so she didn't get picked. Once she realized that if she had been picked she could have fought Darth Vader and worn a Jedi cape she was sad she didn't raise her hand. Oh well maybe next time.
Princesses Round 2: When we were leaving after our first princess meeting Belle and Mulan came out to replace a two of the princesses. Alexis and Ariana were both upset that they didn't get to talk to Belle and concerned that they hadn't seen Cinderella yet. So when we gave them the choice to stand in line to meet Tinker Belle or more princesses they both wanted more princesses. We saw Aura again and Ariana true to form went right up and started talking to her. In the first picture she is showing her Cinderella on her shirt.
This picture makes me laugh for a strange reason. Right as we said good bye to Sleeping Beauty Ariel came out and replaced her. The girls were so excited to see Cinderella but Cinderella was slightly craby and I can see it in her eyes in this picture. Ariel was suppose to replace her not Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella was upset and as soon as we took our pictures she got someone over to complain. I'm glad Ariel made the mistake because if we had just missed Cinderella I think we would have had huge temper tantrums right there. Sorry Cinderella, Thanks for the picture.
This is the best story of the whole trip! Our last princess to meet was BELLE! As soon as Ariana turned and looked at her she sprinted over to her and gave her a monster hug (first picture) She and Belle than proceeded to have a lengthy heart to heart talk. What did they talk about? Oh the usual yes that's my big sister and guess what I peed in my bed! No I am not kidding. Ariana told Belle all about a potty accident she had a few nights earlier. Belle was very kind and said she was still learning and that it was ok while I am just laughing. Wow was she a GREAT sport. We took a final picture with Belle and Ariana refused to turn and faced the camera because all she wanted to do was keep hugging Belle. Thank you so much Belle you really made my baby's day (sorry about the potty talk)!
Happy Times in Toon Town. Ariana loved Mini and her house. Her favorite part was the birthday cake in the oven that rises up and falls down.
I just like this picture. I think it is sweet. We were waiting in line for autotopia and they just looked too cute to not take a picture of.
We promised the girls all day long they could have a cotton candy so finally after dinner we bought one.
Ariana was still upset that she hadn't seen Mickey, Snow White or Aladin (what is with Aladin?) And so when Alexis decided that she wanted to ride Splash Mt again instead of watching Fantasmic I took Ariana to the show and Alexis rode splash Mt with Daddy. Ariana LOVED the show. She got to see everyone she had missed all day plus a few more she hadn't even remembered she hadn't seen. I made her show me her excited face again when it was over so I could take this picture. This is really what she looked like when she got really excited (which was for most of the show) She still talks about the show with Mickey all the time especially the part about the dragon and fire.
The day is over and to end it all we let each girl pick something from the disney shop. I knew when we walked into the park and I saw the baby Minnie's that Ariana would pick that. Alexis took her time and after examining everything in the store finally decided on a heart box of princess rings. She wears one every day and has the ring holder stuck to her wall by her bed.
9 comments:
Proof that I have been right for favoring Belle over Cinderella...talk about a diva! ;) Very cute post!
Oops...this is Deborah...under Johann's account-though I'm sure he'd agree!
I LOVE DISNEYLAND. I am so jealous you are going again so soon. LUCKY!
There is just something magical about Disneyland that you can't get anywhere else. I love the tradition of going just before they turn three. We have been every year for several years now and it just doesn't get old! I still love it even at my age.
It looks like you had a very successful trip!
I LOVE Disney land!
How fun! Your girls are too cute. My favorite was the potty training talk with Belle :)
I'm so jealous! What a great trip, and way to go with the free birthday ticket thing!! Those princesses are real troopers, aren't they? Cute story.
Yea, Disney Land! I am glad we live so close.
We LOVE Disneyland! Looks like you guys had so much fun! You got some great pictures too! :)
Post a Comment