Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Missing for 4 years

We moved to Las Vegas in July of 2005. Moving is hard but one of the worst things about moving are the things you loose. When Justin accepted his current job here Las Vegas the company paid for us to be moved. Two guys came to our apartment, loaded everything in boxes, wrapped up our pictures, furniture etc. and packed it into a truck. It was all so fast and effeicient, or so it seemed... When we finally settled down and unpacked our boxes I noticed we were a few utensils short. I was pregnant and so of course the first thing I noticed that was missing are my ICE CREAM scoops. I just moved to a state that litterally feels like it is on fire and my ice cream scoops ran away? NOOOO! (I was not happy but spoons work well for ice cream too) Finally last year Santa brought a new scooper for me but I've always wondered where we could have lost the other ones. Sunday Justin was going through the garage and decided to open up a box that contained his collector item magic cards...Ta dah... all of my missing utensils! Now why wouldn't we have thought to look there because everyone knows that collectors items (that never get touched) and kitchen wear should be packed together right? ; )

4 comments:

Brittany said...

That's funny! I LOVE ice cream when I'm pregnant too... it made me laugh when you said that you first noticed the ice cream scoop was missing! :)

Brenda E said...

I'm amazed you didn't go buy a new one.

Julie said...

that's too funny!

Ragan said...

Haha! Glad you found them. We had movers when we moved from Orem to Grand Junction, CO. A few days after we got there our apartment started smelling HORRIBLE! I finally tracked down the box that the smell was coming from and found that the movers had dumped the boys' (just Tristen and Jarek at the time) entire toy box into a box, and Jarek had left a 1/2 full sippy cup in it which had leaked all over everything.