Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ariana's first hair cut

Ariana finally had her first hair cut last night. She has needed a hair cut for a long time (she is 3 after all and has never had a hair of her head touched by scissors which is amazing considering she and Alexis like to play with scissors daily!) I am typically too chicken to cut my girls hair so I leave that job to the capable hands of my sister-in-law Kristin. Last night after bath time I finally got up the nerve to do it my self when Justin was combing her hair and said "you could probably cut her hair. She just needs the hair the middle on her back trimmed" The middle part was about 2-3 inches longer than the rest of her hair and so I decided to do it. I've been dragging my feet a little on this because that part of her hair sooo curly and I love it that way and I've been afraid that cutting it off I'll loose all her curls. The hair cut went fine and we have yet to see if her hair will still curl because both her and Alexis wanted their hair in buns for bed time. I hope it curls still. We'll see.
Before...
The hair cut begins, no turning back now...
Happy Little GirlAll done!She wanted a picture with Daddy when she was done

3 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

How fun! Here hair is still so long! Wow! I can't believe how big your girls are now!

Brenda E said...

Oh, her hair will still curl. Baylee's is natural curly, and I have them do layers in it so it looks more full with the curl. You did a good job. She looks like she stayed calm for the whole thing.

Gabe said...

She looks very excited--i can't believe how long it got. Cutey Patootey!