Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ariana's counting method

On our very long trip home from Utah this summer I taught Alexis how to identify the numbers 1-100 by using the mile markers on the road. It worked quite well and Ariana enjoyed it too. Over the past couple months we've tried to keep up the number recognition and one day I asked Alexis what a 4 and a 5 was. Ariana instantly yelled out "four-d-five". I was amazed, had my little three year old really caught on how to recognize numbers by just listening in on my lessons with Alexis? I had to check so I started asking Ariana about other numbers and came to find out she has a new counting system. Ready for it? See if you can find the patteren : )

number/Ariana's name for it
45/ four-d-five
69/ six-d-nine
33/ three-d-three
25/ two-d-five
15/ one-d-five (this, by the way, is the one she tells me about all the time because she see's it on the speed limit signs on the way to school and no matter how many times I tell her it is fifteen she laughs and says one-d-five again and again.)

7 comments:

Simonds Family said...

hahaha-how cute! You know, I think I like here way better actually!

Brenda E said...

that is soo cute, and a smartie she is.

Brittany said...

Thats hilarious! You've got cute girls! :)

Katrina said...

That is so cute. Your girls are so smart!

Carl and Starla said...

I just love little kids! So fun & I would much rather be 2-d-8 than 28 any day! ;)

Jenny said...

I just love to see those little wheels turning. It is so fun to see kids go through the steps of development and come up with their own inventions!

Lesley said...

That is too funny!