Monday, December 20, 2010

December 2010

December has been a very busy month over at our house. I love Christmas time and really wish that we could have fit even more into this month. Here are some pictures of a few of our "events":

December 4: We had our first garage sale. It was a lot of work and we had been hoping to do it two weeks sooner but because of the weather we moved it back. I am glad we did because the weather was great and it went really well. We earned just over $600 and I was able to replace my old green couch with the one I am sitting on. I've never held such a fat wad of cash in my hand so I made Justin take a picture of me with it sitting one my new couch. December 4: Ridding the Boulder City Santa Train with Daddy. The girls loved ridding the train and seeing Santa but it seems they were the most excited to see Mrs. Claus (and getting candy canes)

December 7: Buying and Decoration the Christmas Tree. I almost got a fake tree this year but just couldn't find one I loved and that's the only way I'll move to a fake tree. We did go a little smaller this year than my traditional gigantic tree which is sad for me but since we aren't going to be home for actual Christmas day this year we decided to save a little extra money and only get a 6 1/2 foot tree instead of a 9 foot one this year. I miss having a big tree but ours still looks pretty. They girls had a wonderful decoration it. I didn't even have to readjust a whole lot because they are getting big enough to understand spreading out the ornaments : )

December 9: Getting my new fireplace entertainment center. I love it!

December 11: Henderson Winter Fest

I started taking clogging again in September with Brenda Larsen and LOVE it! Both Brenda's Dancers and Miss Lori's dancer preformed at the winter fest this day so we all got to be on stage. : )

We rode lots of the free rides at winter fest but the ride the girls wanted most they called the bubble ride. It was literally this giant bubbles you are in. My only way to describe it is its like being in a hamster ball but playing bumper cars. We had to wait for 2 hours to ride this but the girls LOVED it!

December 13: Dance Recital @ the Whitney Ranch Rec Center. We always have to pose in front of this tree : ) Alexis and Rylee have been taking dance together since they were 3! We were a little sad that Savannah wasn't here this night too. We sure miss Savannah, having her live in Alabama is hard for Alexis.


December 18: Piano Recital @ the Church. I don't really like this picture of me but oh well. I was really proud of Alexis this month and how far her piano playing has come. This is us playing Away in a Manger as a duet. I was really proud of all my piano students this day. They all did a fantastic job!


Events with no picture : (

December 5: Going to see the First Presidency Christmas devotional at the stake center. The girls were so excited to see the prophet and listen to Christmas music. When we got to the stake center Ariana fell asleep in 10 minutes but Alexis stayed awake and was very aware of everything and had tons of questions and comments. Sorry anyone who sat by us but I was very impressed with her listening skills this night and her desire to hear and understand the prophet.

December 8: Miss Melissa's Jazz Recital- Alexis had a total melt down because she didn't know what to do during the free dance portion of her dance. I felt so bad for her. She does REALLY well with structure but take it away and add in an audience and she gets very unsure of herself.

December 18: Preschool Christmas Party. Once again a fun crazy messy party with lots of singing, gift exchange, and cookie decorating. I think this year was actually a little less messy than past years. Justin also was absolutely wonderful and made the downstairs sparkle both before and after the party. Thank you so much sweetie it looked beautiful.

Alexis is keeping a running total of how many candy canes she has been given this month I think we are up to 10 and its only December 20.
More to Come... : )

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I LOVE DECEMBER! I love all the fun extra activities we get to do as families. I wanted to do the Santa train but we ran out of time. I guess there is always next year!

i said...

Busy girl! Great garage sale. Justin gave anna the wings for christmas. AND we've been training Dallin to UNLOCK car doors. ;)

Brittany said...

Wow you have been a busy lady! Congrats on the successful garage sale. $600! That's fabulous! Btw I love your new couch! Glad December went so well! Happy new year!