Friday, January 21, 2011 I turned 29

I had such an awesome birthday this year! It was just perfect! I got to go out to lunch at Cafe Rio with some of my friends to chat and enjoy yummy food. When I thought about it this is all I really wanted to do for my birthday. I so rarely have time to be out with my friends and have my own "girl time." Justin was amazingly sweet and to help this happened watched not only Ariana but a few other children as well so we could all enjoy our time out. (Isn't that the nicest present ever!?) We then as a family went to a matinee showing of Tangled and once we got back home I went over to my neighbor and friends house Kim for her Scentsy party. Sweet Kim even made me a chocolate cupcake and Angela let me have the prize "because I needed a present," she said : ) It was such a stress free perfect celebration day. Saturday my birthday date night Justin and I picked out new recipes to try. It was fun cooking together. We made homemade toquitos (that are actually quite healthy and involve now frying or oil) and a tress leches cake (the funny looking cake next to the candle cake). Thinking back on my birthday weekend makes me wish it was my birthday again. It was wonderful! Here's hoping that 29 will continue to be a great year for me.

(my hair is getting so long that I caught a little piece of it on fire when I blew out the candles on the yummy triple chocolate cake Catrina made for me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment