Sunday, June 19, 2011

21 Weeks, Its a...

BOY!!!


Another week has gone by. Friday was our "big ultrasound". I've known for weeks that it was a boy but my girls didn't. 20 weeks is normally the first time I ever get to see my babies and a tradition that we've developed is that we find out what we are having but not at the ultrasound. The ultrasound tech prints a picture with what it is and we look at the picture at a nice lunch or dinner. My girls have really been looking forward to this tradition and I wanted to keep it up so I didn't tell them even when I knew what it was. This drove Alexis crazy!! (she's a like me, we don't like to be held in suspense just tell us now! Secrets drive us nuts!!)


Alexis has really wanted it to be a boy and Ariana wanted a girl. Ariana's reasoning makes me laugh. She wanted a girl because she has a baby toy that she loves that she is convinced she must share with a boy but not a girl. What is it? A stuffed yellow, blue and green giraffe rattle. If it was a girl she has a pile of "girl toys" that she doesn't want any more and is ready to pass to a little sister. Nice Ariana! : ) She wasn't really too upset that it is a boy. She has gradually been warming up to the idea of a baby. She's starting to talk about pushing it in a stroller and helping give it a bottle. Alexis can't wait on the other hand. From the time we started talking about maybe having a baby come she has been jumping with excitement. I think they are both going to be great big sisters. It will be nice having them be a little older and able to help more.

I've felt the baby moving a lot more this week. This morning I could even tell he was all curled up on the left side of my belly. I let Ariana feel it. She thought that was really wierd. I feel like I have started showing more this week and sleeping certain ways and exercising in some classes and on some equipment has gotten a little uncomfortable. Nothing to bad just enough to remind me that I am pregnant : )

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I love your little baby bump. You are looking gorgeous.
Ariana cracks me up. I know she is going to be a great big sister and will end up sharing that little rattle.
Your girls are going to help out so much. I loved having my girls so much older. This 3rd one is going to be a walk in the park for you.

Cydnee said...

I'm so excited that you get to welcome a baby boy to your home.

i said...

what a lovely tradition. how exciting. what a lucky little guy he will be. ;)