Tuesday, August 2, 2011

27 Weeks

So this week I definitely am feeling very pregnant. Last Monday night randomly my left foot started hurting like crazy. Tuesday it just got worse. My low back has also been hurting. So when I found out my baby sitting group was meeting Tuesday night I booked a message at message envy. I wish massages didn't cost so much. I think lately that's been one of the hardest parts of being on my own and pregnant is there isn't any one home with me to rub the spots that hurt (yes boo hoo I'm whining, but just a little). The therapist told me my foot was really swollen, the tendons were tight and that it looked like I was retaining water and than to prove the point poked the top of my foot. That sent tingles and a pins and needles feeling all through my foot. The massage was heaven and my back has felt much better since then. My foot took all week to feel better. It didn't help that Wednesday as I was getting ready to go out to a movie with one of my old college room mates that I slipped on beads in the laundry room with my left foot and found myself sprawled out in the hallway. It was rather funny except for the fact that it hurt my foot even more. The therapist recommend that I soak my feet in cold water and that really did seem to help.

My little man is having a lot of fun kicking, twirling and punching inside. One night I even stated laughing out loud because I think he stretched and it felt so funny to feel him tickled the bottom and top of my belly at the same time. He mainly likes to jab though or roll up in a tight ball on the right side of my belly. Wednesday I had my last monthly doctors appointment. (how am I now already to bi-weekly appointments!?) It felt so odd to have the nurse say "yay you finally gained some weight." Because I can finally eat again and have been gone for ALL of July I haven't been to the gym a single day and have been eating TONS of calories. Put those together and yup there comes some weight (about 8 lbs of it!!) oh well so goes pregnancy right? Lets just hope it doesn't get too out of control before October gets here because I am not looking forward to trying to loose the weight.

I don't really remember ever getting braxton hick contractions with the girls but this week I started getting some. The doctor told me just to make sure that if I ever get 6 or more in an hour to lay down and stop what I'm doing. I'm really hoping I never get to that point. 13 weeks left now and I want my little guy to stay in for all 13 of them. We'll see if he agrees with me or not ; )

No comments: