Friday, September 2, 2011

Back to School Shopping




When I was growing up one of my families back to school traditions was my mom would sew me a new dress. Well I do know how to sew but I don't love it like my mom so my tradition is to take my girls shopping for one brand new outfit. We've been very blessed with lots of great hand me downs and I love clearance shopping. This is the one time of year they can pick something that doesn't have a clearance tag and as long as it is within a reasonable price range I will buy it (that's why they can only pick 1 new outfit though!) I love watching my girls load up the cart with dozens of choices and see the delight and magic of dressing up in the store dressing rooms with all the big mirrors. Shopping always includes lots of posing, modeling and dancing. Alexis loves it the most. Once Ariana finds what she loves she is done so she takes half the time but still really enjoys staring at her self in the mirror and skipping around the dressing room in her chosen outfit. I love seeing my girls so happy and just enjoying being a little girls.

1 comment:

Carl and Starla said...

Cute! No Ryla wasn't in the fisher price rock n play thing....she is sitting in a bouncer seat that literally bounces the baby on it's own! I LOVE IT! It has a gentle bounce and a normal bounce for when the baby gets bigger...it's fabulous. I got it at Target.