Monday, October 10, 2011

37 Weeks

Yay I made it to a point where I feel safe delivering at any time. It makes me really nervous to think about delivering before 37 weeks just because of all the complications (like lung development) that can occur. I have started to hurt a little more. I feel like James has dropped down a little and that can make things a little uncomfortable. He still gets the hiccups at least once a day and while he is not a crazy mover he does move around. I love feeling his kicks and flutters although they are not so little any more : )

I get asked a lot if I am ready and I don't feel ready. Probably if anything I feel like I got more stressed this past week. If he did come it would be ok but I still feel like there are a million things that I should do before he gets here. Preschool is still my biggest number one stressor for not feeling ready. What if I haven't prepped enough? Are my lessons plans written down well enough for someone else to follow? Did I forget to include a song or books? Am I missing any supplies? Good grief that list goes on and on. Than of course is my list of personal things to try and take care of ahead of time (set up the crib, decorate/arrange the babies bedroom, have the house clean, meals frozen ahead of time for when I literally have no hands to make it, pay the bills, register the car, etc., etc.) In a lot of ways it feels like when you are getting ready to move and you have all the big stuff taken care of, the truck is rented, the big boxes are packed, you have all the help you need lined up but then you get down to the little stuff it feels like it is NEVER going to end!

I am excited that he could be here any day but still am hoping that he'll wait until his due date or at least just a little closer to it before he makes his grand entrance. I don't know if that is possible with how many contractions I have all the time now but hey it hasn't been real labor yet so we'll see. No matter what I'm sure it will all work out its just the stress of thinking of all the little things that just has me feeling like I can never take a break because there is something I should be doing.

No comments: