Tuesday, October 18, 2011

38 Weeks

38 weeks! I was feeling a lot more clam at the end of this week than I was last week. I got all my preschool lesson plans in place. I'm sure there are some little things I left out but I think someone could step in and teach for me without too much trouble now if they needed to. Yes there still are a million and a half things that I probably should try and get done before this little guy gets here because it would be easier now than later but its not the end of the world if they don't get done. My brother helped me set up the crib and I had a blast putting his bedding in it. I love it! Its one of my favorite color schemes, blue and brown, and has the cutest airplanes ever on it.

My body has hurt even more this week, almost always by the end of the day is the worst. My feet puffed up like huge pillows last Monday night. It was kind of funny to look down and see them SOOO fat and squishy. At least they don't hurt too bad. If I'm on my feet for too long it starts to get hard to walk but often standing or laying is more comfortable than sitting because my bum hurts : ) I let the doctor check me on Friday and while I have been having lots of contractions they aren't really doing anything because I'm still the same that I was at 35 weeks (a one). Oh well, that really doesn't bother me. Little James will come when he is ready.

I don't know exactly what life is going to be like with 3 kids but I feel like I am being blessed by my Heavenly Father with peace and reassurance that everything is going to be ok. I'm sure I will have moments of insanity and wondering how I will ever make it but right now I feel very calm that everything will work out and I will be able to handle it. There are a lot of things outside of being pregnant that have been crazy, heart breaking and just plain hard the last 6 months but I finally feel like I am coming to reasonable terms with them and am ready to just move forward with my life and my soon to be three beautiful children. I am extremely grateful for the support I have from a loving Heavenly Father and from wonderful friends and family. Its hard to feel alone for very long when you have a little miracle moving around inside you and tons of seen and unseen support all around you.

No comments: