Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ariana's first soccer game

Saturday was Ariana's first soccer game ever.  For a long time I have resisted signing the girls up for sports.  I love sports but listening to my friends and how their weeknights and Saturdays are taken over by sports has left me very hesitant.  Being in Idaho has brought a lot of wonderful opportunities for our family, one of which is having time to try new activities.  Not teaching preschool and 15+ piano students has made trying to juggle multiple activities much more palatable.  Soccer has been great so far.  Several girls on Ariana's team, including the coach and his daughter live in our neighborhood.  Practices are right down the street and over half the games are scheduled at Ariana's school which is only a mile from our house.

Ariana was very nervous about her first game for several days leading up to it.  Friday she was close to tears.  Needless to say the game went just fine, aside from James trying to run on the field.  Ariana's team 'the green girls' lost 1-0 but with treat bag in hand Ariana said, 'we lost 1 to 0 but that's ok, it's only a game.'  Taylor and I had been a little afraid when the other team scored because Ariana was the goalie.  I braced for tears but was grateful when none came.  For having never played before she is doing really well and leaning very quickly. 

No comments: