Monday, April 21, 2014

My little spot of spring

After picking up thousands of leaves in the fall I looked forward to spring here in Idaho.  I had envisioned all these trees that lost their leaves full of blossoms in the spring.  It would make up for the torture of endless raking and bagging.  I imagined walking down the streets feeling like Anne of Green Gables.  Spring blossoms on trees and the blub spring flowers have always brought a sense of joy to my soul.  I have been extremely let down.  I have found one, that's right only ONE flowering tree on my street.  Almost all the trees just grow their new leaves without blossoms!  At least there are several yards with tulips, daffodils, hyacinth coming up so not all is lost.  To make up for the trees not blossoming and our yards lack of color I decided to plant my own little bit of spring in the little corner by the edge of our driveway.  These few flowers bring a smile to my face whenever I see them.  They may not be as much as I had imagined but they do still make me smile.

No comments: