Sunday, November 9, 2014

31 weeks- Let the final count down begin!

Only nine weeks to go by my calendar due date.  This little one is my first baby that by ultrasound measures ahead so while I would normally say she will go past her due date just like my others who knows!  Both Alexis and Ariana measured a week smaller than their due date.  James was right on.  Susana (or Susanna the spelling hasn't been decided yet) measures a full weak ahead.  It will be fun to see how she ends up comparing to her siblings.  She'll come when she's ready though.

The last couple weeks have been good pregnancy wise.  I still am holding to a pattern of randomly throwing up one morning each week but I feel so much better than before so I'll take it!  My back is starting to hurt more at night so I roll around a lot and I sleep in a pillow mountain.  Baby girl is definitely getting stronger.  The past couple days some of her movements are so strong they startle me.  I love watching my belly dance.  Two nights ago I couldn't stop laughing as she made my phone and lap top bounce because they were resting on her.  Alexis still always asks if she's awake so she can feel her move.   Alexis doesn't have great timing though and rarely catches her big movements.  I love that Alexis wants to be so close though.

We hired a midwife a few weeks ago and I love her so far.  Having home based midwifery is so nice!  I love not having to drive to the Dr and that my care seems much more personal.  Yes I'm excited to be one of the people I used to think crazy for wanting a home birth.  This really is something that 10 years ago I would have rolled my eyes at and sworn that it would never be me.  

No comments: