Tonight for family home evening we went to a local community event called the festival of the trees. Each year several trees are decorated and donated to this event. All proceeds go to a local community aide program. It was fun to see all the trees. They also had Santa, crafts, little items for sale etc. It was so cute seeing James react to Santa and yell, 'there's Santa! I see him!' I can't wait for Christmas this year with him.
Well as part of this event they had an area called Santa's toy workshop. Inside was lots of little items for sale. Ariana decided to buy a lip stick. It looked so strange (green in the container) but hey whatever it was $1. Of course when we got home she had to go put it on. Soon all I could hear was crying and yelling for me to help. The lipstick was apparently called mood lipstick and while green in the container went on clear and then changed color. It changed color alright to BRIGHT pink and Ariana couldn't get it off her lips or hands. She was frantically trying to scrub her lips and hands to no avail. Her lips are really chapped right now so that didn't help at all. She cried and cried and vowed she won't be going to school until it comes off. I can't help just laughing at this because she is so convinced that school tomorrow is ruined and when she came up for scriptures wouldn't uncover her mouth. Yes I tried to help get it off and did the best I could but only time is going to help with the rest. We did get it from bright pink to a slightly lighter shade. Alexis and I even tried the lipstick to be funny and so she wouldn't be the only one with pink lips. (I only put a very minimal coat on so ours wasn't as bad) we'll just have to see what the morning brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment