Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas Eve
This is our second year staying home for Christmas. I was really scared last year but it turned out to be so nice that I was excited for it again this year. One of things that makes it nice is that we still celebrate with friends who also don't have family in town. Tonight we started by going over to the Scoreby's home for a delicious dinner. After dinner we came back down to our house and had a children's small gift exchange, hot co-co and desserts with the Smith's, Jackson's and Scoreby's. It was a nice night, the kids mainly played upstairs while the adults chatted down stairs. I guess I should have checked on them more often because when we put the girls to bed I found a hole in the girl's bedroom wall that looks to be the perfect size of a child's knee. Obviously the child who did it wasn't hurt bad enough to tell ; ) I just have to laugh every time I see the hole and imagine how terrified one of the kids must be that I might find out who did it. (I don't know who it was and don't really care it just makes me laugh)

Justin family has a Christmas tradition called the family elf. Each day of December up through Christmas eve an elf comes to visit and leaves a little note for our family. Often the note instucts us to do things like make hot co-co or go look at Christmas lights. Tonight the elf told the girls to open up their Christmas jammies. Alexis loves the elf and would check our elf chart several times a day to see if he came. Ariana was super excited to open a present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness a hole in your wall! I really hope that it wasn't Matthew!
We had fun on Christmas Eve and we were glad that you were able to come over!
Post a Comment