
One of my family traditions I had growing up was buying a real Christmas tree every year. I loved going to the Christmas tree lots as a child. The fresh pine tree smell was amazing and my brother and I had the time of our lives running through all the rows of trees. When we moved to northern San Diego we found a Christmas tree farm where we could cut our own tree. We'd hike all over the mountain until we found the "best" tree ever. My mother LOVES big full Christmas trees and as long as I can remember all of our trees have gone floor to ceiling . This tradition and love of huge trees has rubbed off on me. Every year I take my family now and we go to Lowes and I find the biggest fullest tree possible. This year was no exception. We were looking at trees in the 6-7 ft range but of course I can find the one in the pile that is really 9ft and massive but the price of a 6-7ft tree. : ) What can I say its a gift! So yes this year just like when I was a kid my tree goes floor to cieling and I love it!!!

5 comments:
Your tree is HUGE! Your Pre-school kids are going to love it :)
Oh how fun! Real trees are great, we hardly ever get one but they are neat to have!
I love the smell and beauty of a real tree. Merik and I bought one one year and were very careful about checking it for dryness, and within about a week of bringing it home it was really dry and the needles were coming off. Then I hear about the people each year that lose homes cause their tree caught on fire. We decided to go with a fake one now. Partly to save on cost. I miss the smell and looking for a great tree. One year we went to Caliente, NV to cut our own down and searched all over the mountain side to ones that were just right. I think we got about 4 or 5 trees in a small truck and that was no easy task, because my moms was huge. It seems to me that someone ended up riding in the back with the trees. Oh what a joy for them. We had a vaulted ceiling and it was almost to the ceiling at the high point. You take I15 north to 93 and I think it was a few hours from here. It was fun! You picked a beauty.
Your tree is so beautiful!! how fun to have a real tree
Your tree is so beautiful!! how fun to have a real tree
Post a Comment