Monday, January 26, 2009

3 weeks, $500 saved, pantry and freezer are full



I am still enjoying grocery smarts so much that after 3 weeks of shopping using the system I love to look in my pantry because it is fuller than ever and so is my freezer. (my laundry room is also stocked!) Our grocery budget was fairly low before I tried grocery smarts. (We spend between $350-$450 a month) I'd shop sales, could recognize good deals and refused to pay normal retail especially if the price was ridiculously high. This month I am going to have spent our normal budget but the difference in how full my pantry and freezer are is amazing. I know it is kind of silly but I wish I had a "before" picture. These are my after pictures and they really still don't do it justice. Justin is teasing me that my saving money is going to make us have to buy a freezer for the garage. (Eventually maybe if I can find a good deal on that too!) : ) Becky Bunting is going to be teaching a class about using Grocery Smarts February 4 in the evening. It is free and once you know what is going on it really is very simple and non-time consuming (unless you get obsessed like me and browse every add and look for every new coupon you can.)

8 comments:

summer c said...

Thats awesome. I really want to go to that class!
And that picture of Hunter and Alexis is cute! I think its good for him to see a girl who actually likes star wars too. I think thats great that she likes it so much. I am sure she is still dreaming of disney land!

Brittany said...

Wow that's fabulous! And your pantry is so organized! I will have to attend Becky's class for sure!

Karen said...

That's so awesome. I have really been enjoying it as well. I noticed yesterday I didn't have any paper towels. Kmart had a sale for 2/$12 Bounty 8 pack. I price matched it at Walmart. It's like a hobby to find a good deal. Good for you!

Becky said...

Nancy! I am so excited to see how well you've put it into action! don't you just LOVE IT!!! I hope you can come to my class and help me out just in case I forget anything!

Jenny said...

You sound like me back in September when I discovered coupon shopping! Just wait, pretty soon your pantry will overflow and your food storage room will too! I wish I would have known a few things early on in the game so if you want some good tips, call me!

Sarah said...

Nice work, girl! I'm going to have look into this.

Julie said...

wow, I'm super impressed! This gets me motivated!

Lesley said...

Wow! I just started this, so I am slowly building up my coupon supply. I am excited to get the ball rolling! If you come across any really good tips, let us know!