Our dogs have been happily living in San Diego for a couple years (THANK YOU mom and Dad!) and finally came back home with us after Alexis birthday. The girls love having the dogs back and the dogs have been doing really well here both adjusting to a new home and be bombarded twice a week with preschoolers. Last Monday while I was at dance class our dog named Jewel caught a bird in the back yard and Alexis saw the whole thing. Justin was trying to not let her watch because Jewel actually was eating the bird but curious little 5 year old that she is wouldn't close her eyes and go do something else. Before preschool started on Tuesday we made sure all of the mess was cleaned up and Alexis asked me where the rest of the bird was. I don't remember what I said first but I wanted to see how she felt about the whole thing and so I said something like, "its sad the bird died" Alexis response surprised me. She said, "its ok there are lots of other birds" She wasn't sad she just stated the fact and that was that.
Ariana still doesn't think dogs eat birds (I was actually a little surprised when Justin told me that our dog had) and laughs at Alexis when she tells her that Jewel did. She says"Nooo...dogs don't eat birds" with a little chukle in her voice : )
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great bird control hunh. RC. Pig Farms, Inc. 642-0350 in North Las Vegas. It was a very fun field trip. It is off of 5th Street and E. El Campo Grande. They let the kids pet some of the animals, and provide an area for hand washing afterwards. Robert Combs is the owner. He is in his 80's I was told. I was surprised to hear that. It is free as well. He also talks about reduse, recycle, reuse, etc. He is very good with the children.
How cute is that? Well, not the gruesome death of that poor bird but Alexis and Arianna's reactions and comments. LOL!
Post a Comment