Friday, September 23, 2011

35 Weeks




This week I had the amazing Angela Salazar take maternity photos for me. She just set up a preview on her blog angelasalazarphotography.blogspot.com. It was fun to take pictures to celebrate my pregnancy and the adding of a new little brother. Ariana was not too thrilled to have to take pictures and was acting very goofy the entire time.


This has been a good week. I haven't been hurting or too uncomfortable. The only new thing is when I sleep on one side for too long that side starts to fall asleep. Teaching preschool still hasn't been totally draining either. I'm surprised I can get on and off the floor as easily as I do. This probably has to be one of the easiest pregnancy on my body I've had. I can't believe I'm down to only 5 weeks! Today I had the beta step test done and my doctor checked to see if I was starting to dilate (this is the earliest I've ever had a doctor check me) I am at good 1, is what he said. Not that, that means much. I still want little guy to stay put until my due date. I had a big contraction right as the doctor started checking for the heart beat today. He laughed and said that was a pretty good one. James is still up really high, not surprising because both Alexis and Ariana where up really high until I was into full active labor.

Last Saturday I sorted all the baby clothes into piles by age and have them laid out all over the babies future room. I'm ready to start washing all the newborn clothes but maybe I should wait a couple more weeks. It will be strange to have a little one that completely relies on me. I've had kids that are so independent for the last few years that I know its going to take some adjusting. I'm a little scared of starting over after so many years but also so excited to hold my son. I can't wait to hear his cry, count his fingers and toes, kiss his little cheeks.

3 comments:

Cydnee said...

That first picture of you on Angela's blog is gorgeous!

Julie said...

I LOVE these pictures and I'm so super excited for you!!!

Simonds Family said...

Very cute!!!