Friday, June 20, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today was a great day I got to visit the Las Vegas temple. I've been planning for awhile to visit the temple today but I dragged my feet on finding a baby sitter so of course last minute it was a little hard to find one but thanks to Becky Bair's kindness I was able to go. Thank you sooo much Becky! Its been a few months since I've gone to the temple, (I think the last time was in February) and today I was reminded why I really need to go more often. The temple truly is a place of peace and clarity. The session I was in was very small. There was no more than 12 people. There was one couple that really touched me today. The wife suffers from a disability that makes it difficult for her to walk and I got to witness her husband lovingly help her through the temple so she could be in the house of the Lord. When they were about to leave he helped her into her walker that has a seat so he could push her and he gave her the sweetest kiss as they left the celestial room. It touched my heart with how much these two cared for each other but then I was surprised that he pushed his wife over to me and stopped. They spoke to me for just a moment but what they said was just what I had needed to hear. The Lord used this sweet couple to calm my troubled heart and witness to me that my Heavenly Father hears my prayers and loves me. Today I felt the hand of the Lord through a couple that are total strangers to me but took the time to just stop for a moment. Don't under estimate the smallest of impressions or words of kindness that you offer to someone, even if you don't know them, because you might be an instrument for the Lord in that brief moment.

7 comments:

Gretch said...

Nancy, that is wonderful. I had an experience like that not long ago- those dear sweet older couples are wonderful. I am glad you had that experience.

Gretch said...

I've been thinking of you for a while now Nancy- and praying for you. I wish I could give you a great big hug. Call me if/when you need/want to. I don't know how to not publish this, so I won't write any more :)

Michelle Campbell said...

What a great thing to happen. I got a little choked up reading that. The temple is a wonderful place. I need to go more often. Thank you for sharing that and reminding all of us of the sacredness of the temple... and that our prayers can be answered there! Luv ya girl!

Sarah said...

I got goosebumps reading your comments, and I echo all that you said about the beauty, solemnity, and peace that comes from attending the temple. Heavenly Father is truly aware of us, and often uses angels on earth to answer our prayers. Knowing your sweet disposition, you are probably the answer to others' prayers more often than you can imagine. I know your friendship always meant so much to me in Vegas. (It still does even though I don't get to see you very often). Thanks for the beautiful reminder of what's possible for us in the temples of God.

Becky said...

That is so awesome Nancy! We should go together sometime.

Karen said...

I need to get to the temple more often! That was a sweet story and I'll tell you I felt the spirit. The girls are getting so big. Alexis looks the same but Ariana was so tiny when we moved, I don't recognize her anymore. I'm so glad you found me. Love you, girl!

Katrina said...

We should plan a girls day at the temple. I think it would be fun and I think we all could use it!