Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

The girls and I had fun getting ready for Father's Day. In preschool I had all the children decorate little heart boxes with paint, stickers and a poem. On the inside I cut out a picture of them with their Daddy and glued it to the inside of the lid. We also filled the box with Hershey's hugs and kisses. The 4 year old class practiced saying the poem a couple times and Alexis worked on memorizing the poem for 2 weeks. I wrote the poem with word clues and put it in my pocket chart so she was looking at it quite a bit. On Sunday the girls and I made a breakfast of oatmeal with bananas and strawberries, eggs and turkey bacon, and fruit juice. The helped me put it on a tray and take it up to Justin. Of course I carried the tray but they proudly carried up their little heart boxes and cards that they made. Alexis was so cute when she recited the poem that I asked her to say it again so I could get a recording. Justin also loves getting A&W root beer or root beer floats at A&W in the frosty mugs so I called A&W and asked if they sell their mugs. They do so Saturday I surprised Justin with two A&W frosty mugs filled with root bear floats. Yummy!

3 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

So fun!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a tasty breakfast--can we come over on Saturday and have you make it again?! Gabe would love those A&W frosty mugs as well---so tasty!
You have to post the recording of Alexa saying her poem (if it's on your camera). I'd love to hear it!

Ashby Family said...

My camera sadly doesn't record sound. But I do have it in a file that can be posted I am just having technology problems and need Justin's help to get it posted. : ) Got love how much he knows about computers!