Saturday, July 5, 2008

4'th of July

Yesterday was such a great day! Thursday night Justin and I went to the Bee's vs. 51's minor league baseball game so bedtime was really late. Hence, yesterday as soon as we woke up we threw on our clothes and headed over to the church for our ward's 4'th of July breakfast. It was lots of fun and the girls had a great time with the water fight. Some of the men in the ward got the firehidrant on and Justin decided it would be fun to carry each one of us into the water. Yes, that included me. : ) In the afternoon we watched movies, had bbq hot dogs, and lots of watermelon. I had the girls make their own flags and then we made cookies. When it got dark we lit sparklers and watched our neighbors set off the most amazing (and illegal) fireworks show. It lasted for an hour! Right before they were about to set off the finally the police showed up. Nobody got fined or arrested but they couldn't set off the finally. Oh-well. I wish I could post pictures but my camera ran out of batteries and we are completely out of AA batteries so it might be awhile before I can take more pictures. Alexis kept saying yesterday that "this is the best day ever!" I'm so glad that my girls had a good time and I really enjoyed just being with my family and seeing the big smiles on my girls faces.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday! We love fireworks but were too tired to go to some last night! I think I can get you in the contest for biggest loser but you would have to know your weigh in for last Monday. I sent you an email with details so look for it. If you didn't get it email me and I will send it again. Not sure if I have the right address!
jjdopp@earthlink.net

Carl and Starla said...

How fun. Our friends did a fireworks show, which are legal here, but our girls were so scared of them that we ended up sitting inside the house watching from a window...not so much fun. Anyway, glad to see that you guys had a great 4th.