Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow...and more snow

I am so grateful that my car's transmission was done being repaired yesterday because driving home today would have been well... an adventure. Yes it is snowing here in the Henderson/Las Vegas area. It started around noon and has not let up since (its 7:30pm right now) I've been taking pictures all day so I'd thought I'd post them for all to see. : ) Craziness!! I called my mother-in-law and this is how the conversation went:
Gayle: "Nancy!"
Me: "Hello!"
Gayle: "How's it going?"
Me: "Well, you know how you want us to move back to Utah?..."
Gayle: "yes.." (sounding very hopeful)
Me: "Umm... I think I am because I'm looking outside and it looks like I am already there!"
Yes this was teasing but very true, just take a look.

What our house and streets looked like around 2pm

The first thing they tried to do in the snow was catch it on their tongues

Next they enjoyed catching the flakes on their gloves. Ariana was just about to start jumping up and down when I took this picture. She loved the snow.

Next they ran around with huge smiles!

When we went out to the back yard the snow was starting to stick and Alexis and Ariana began eating snow like it was ice cream (its what they want as bedtime snack too!)

Ariana's snow man she helped make as the snow was just starting to stick right before nap time. You can tell she is very cold. Don't you like the mismatched gloves?

Alexis helped me build this giant snow man while Ariana was taking a nap. He fell over about 30 minutes ago because he started leaning the way the wind was blowing.

And it continues to snow...

8 comments:

Katrina said...

I can't believe YOU built that snow man. You are such an AMAZING MOM!

Jenny said...

Your snow has been BIG news for us around here. They keep covering the story. I can't believe you had enough to make that big of a snowman! How fun for a little pre christmas treat, even though I am sure it has made much trouble for the roads! I remember the 1 time it snowed while we lived there. It was so fun to see palms with snow on them! What a treat for your kids and you! Your house looks beautiful, as do you and your tree!

Kendra said...

Your house looks so great with all that snow!! I think your area got the most snow! It was so beatutiful!

Becky said...

I LOVE your snowman! We built one too, but someone knocked it over a few hours later. SO MUCH FUN!!!

Sarah said...

Whoa, that's a serious snowman. I can't believe you got that much snow!! Your girls look so cute all bundled up

Carl and Starla said...

That is so crazy. How fun for everyone there. I bet the girls were just loving it. We are in Arizona right now & I think we are safe from any snow falling here, but who knows. I would have said the same thing about Las Vegas.

Lesley said...

It was such a great day! We loved every minute of it too!

Elizabeth Dover said...

That was such a fun snow day. That is a very impressive snow man I must say.