Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confession...

I have to confess that I love to read but I often don't because my style of reading is not very responsible. If I get into a book I just can't put it down. I will read all night long, neglect my kids, house (ok I already neglect that but it gets worse when I read) and poor husband. I've done a little better recently. I have been able to read just a little before bed and than turn off the light and go to sleep. Justin even complimented my new found self control but it came a little too soon. Sunday night I picked up a book I checked out from the library; Promises to Keep by Dean Hughes. I started reading page 1 around 10:30pm. 4am I finally set the book down after I had finished the entire book! I spent Monday walking around in a daze. My eyes couldn't see far away after reading up close all night and needless to say I was exhausted! Why do I do this to myself?
Oh I should also add that Sunday morning I read a conference talk on "temperance". Apparently I should go back and read THAT again because the whole moderation bit of temperance hasn't sunk in.

7 comments:

Simonds Family said...

lol!

Cyd said...

Makes me want to check out this book. I don't do a lot of reading but that's because anytime I pick up a book in the evening, I crash so its hard for me to imagine being able to stay up until 4am. That's truley amazing and funny!

Dan and Sarah said...

I don't think temperance is a part of my vocabulary.I would love to be reading a book that I WANT to read! Oh I look forward to that day...

i said...

temperence is NOT my middle name!!! i do the same thing. maybe that's why i don't read!

Sarah said...

I have the same problem---a good book equals nothing else taking priority. I now read really good kids chapter books to my children at night, and it's hard for me to end in the middle and put them to bed. If the consequences weren't so severe the next day, I'd be letting them stay up way too late as well.

so, it looks like I'll have to read this book you're recommending. I'll make sure to start it on a night when I can give it a lot of time!

Amanda said...

Hey! I found your blog via Julie's and can I just say that my world COMPLETELY stops until I finish a book. The problem that usually arises is that I enjoyed reading the finished book so much that I immediately pick up another and put my life on hold for that one, and so on and so on. I love to read.

I have been wanting to pick this one up for a while....You'll have to tell me if you liked it. I love the rest of the series.

Rachelle said...

I understand. . . .need I say more!