Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Van Adventures Continue

The adventures in my van continue. I'm going to call them adventures to try and help me not keep thinking about how nice a new van would be. Yes some of the adventures I bring on my self like our latest one (because I haven't taken it in to get fixed) but when we sat down and looked at what it cost us to keep our van running in 2009 the bill came to a whopping $7200! That being said I am not thrilled that more money is needed to repair it right now and since the repair does not impair it actually running I've been dragging my feet. So whats wrong with it this time? Here you go:

In December while we were driving around looking at Christmas lights we heard a loud "ping" and then the passenger window just slowly rolled down and would no longer go up. Two days later coming out of church I noticed the drivers side window was cracked open just a little and by the time we got home it was stuck all the way down too. LOVELY, in the summer the windows got stuck up and the air conditioner went out making it impossible to drive due to safety reasons, now in the wettest winter in years the windows are stuck down!!! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!! My kids have renamed my van "the cold car" and recently we have taken to riding in full winter gear and when it rains umbrellas inside the car. Yup that's right umbrellas inside the car! Yes I know I should just take the dumb car in and get it fixed but seriously another $1000 bucks on windows? ARGGG!!


Funny story with the rain that just has to be told. Two weeks ago when it rained for days in a row I had to take Alexis to school in the van. I've learned that I HAVE to drive really slow through the gutters and dips in the roads or I will get wet from the splash. I dropped Alexis off at school and went out on an errand with Ariana, umbrella and all in the back seat. We drove through an intersection with a huge puddle and I went nice and slow but the car next to us didn't. SPLASH we all got wet inside the car and Ariana started screaming!! (she can't stand being wet unless she is the bath and ANY amount of moister on her clothes necessitates an entire wardrobe change) Mean mom that I am I just started laughing. (come on it is a little funny, van with the windows stuck down, kid ridding buckled in a car seat holding an umbrella to not get wet, HUGE puddle and another car drives really fast through it and just drenches them all.)

This is kind of what it felt like : )



Oh the adventures of us and our van!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I am still laughing. We had that window problem too with a van. I feel for you! Some day you will look back on this and laugh. It is funny how time can make things look a little better!

Dan and Sarah said...

Oh nancy! Your car is realy pathetic but I wish I had been there!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!!.. Your situation would look really good in a movie!

Rachelle said...

Thank for sharing! I love you sense of humor.

Ragan said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! It's definitely time for a new van!

Julie said...

geez, your van sounds like our Trailblazer...stupid cars!