Monday, July 14, 2008
Is Silence Always Golden?
Every parent cherishes quiet peaceful moments. You know the ones when the kids are asleep. But what about those times when the day is going along and all of sudden you are panicked not because of a loud crash or screams but because the house has gone eeirly quiet. I think these are the moments some of us dread the most because this silence is often not golden but the indication that something, probably very naughty, is happening. Well awhile ago when I was upstairs on the computer I was startled because my house was completely quiet except for the sound of my computer keys typing and it wasn't rest time. Yikes and PANIC!! I jumped up and began my search for my two little girls. This is what I found:
With the help of big sister Ariana was playing with scissors and push pins. Fortunately nothing but yarn was cut this day.

Alexis was busy making up her own version of pin the tail on the donkey. She has never actually played this game but I think they had been watching Pooh Bear earlier so maybe this is because of Eyore. The big pink ribbon by her feet (that I had told her earlier on in the day was not for her to cut) is the "donkey" and the other balls of strings and tacks are the "tails". We had to take turns picking out "tails" to try on the donkey. I guess things could have been worse but still silence is not always golden. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. Zackary was so quiet one time and when I found him, he was smearing diaper rash cream all over him and the table. You are just lucky they didn't think they needed a haircut!
They were just trying to be creative! :)
My kids drive me nuts when I find them doing something like this and there response is "We were just trying to be creative!" It is hard for me to be mad when I am always telling them to use there brains and get creative.
Looks like fun! This happens at our house too :)
He he he. I can already relate to that and my child is only 9 months old. Usually I am only in the kitchen 2 steps away but if it gets quiet, I run! I am glad their hair didn't lost in the process!
I know what you mean by silence is dangerous. I found both girls sticking keys in electric sockets one quiet morning! At least it looks like they had some harmless creativity going!
Oh, and you better slow down because two weeks of 2.0 + loss is just too over the top for me to keep up with! WAY TO GO!
I too can identify. Cute pictures though hee hee hee
Amen! And when you do realize that it has been quiet, don't you think, "Why didn't I notice this sooner? It never is quiet, yet it's been quiet for a long, long time!" Anyway, good thing your girls didn't cut their gorgeous blonde hair!
but look how proud they are mom! at least they did it with smiles on their faces
Every parent hates the "it's way too quiet moments." We've had many of those---leading to things like dumping baby powder all over every item in the room, eating Glade plug-ins, liberally applying Mom's make-up, etc. At least your girls were being constructive!
Post a Comment