Sunday, September 7, 2008

Please I need Comments!

Ok, here's the deal my brother is coming in this Friday specifically for me to meet his girl friend soon to be fiance. He wants to propose while he is here and since he is not familiar with Las Vegas wants me to help him pick where he does. My brother, George, is very casual and wants to do it on something as simple as a walk. Where do I send him? The best in the area I am at is this hill, which I love walking because of the city/mountain views and because it is so quiet but the landscape is well... Las Vegas. Any other ideas would be sooooo appreciated so please leave comments!! (I have also told him that I can set up a little table or leave flowers at the top of the hill but so far that is the best I've come up with)
p.s.-If you know my parents please don't tell them because my brother wants to surprise them after he proposes.

9 comments:

Karen said...

If he plans to get married at the temple. That's always a nice walk, then beautiful place to propose. If that's not his plan since you live out in Henderson, take a drive to Hoover Dam. There is a spot where you can be in Las Vegas and Arizona at the same time. It might be cool to be proposed to in 2 states at the same time and it is a neat place to see. It can be really beautiful at night. There's also a place where you can park and then have a table set up by the overlook. Hope that helps.

Gdub said...

Looks good to me. Craziness. George will be married before me. Wow. I'm old.

Sarah said...

I like the idea of the little table, etc with the view. Las Vegas has it's own kind of beauty, and his girlfriend will probably be looking more at her ring and future husband than at the scenery!

Anonymous said...

My husband proposed to me up above the temple. There is a little nice hill area behind the temple. He had his brother set up a table and table cloth and two chairs with fruit, crackers, sparkling cider and a photo album. We walked the temple grounds first and then he took me up there. The way that the hill is shaped you can't see the table until you literally pull off onto the little dirt road that is there. (so somewhere to actually pull off) and it was very quiet. It over looked the temple and the valley and was very romantic. Little did I know my brother in law drove a little farther down and video taped everything with his zoom lense. You couldn't hear anything but you could see everything it was very nice.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, Lake Las Vegas has some awesome scenery and some spots to walk, set up a table, etc. It's only like 30 min. from Henderson. Good Luck!

Carl and Starla said...

Oh, also, Lake Las Vegas also does dinner cruises at night...that might be cool to be proposed to on a "cruise".

Angela said...

Nancy,
I don't have your email address. Call me (number listed on ward directory at LDS.org and I will explain the post dating option for blog entries).

THANKS for all of your comments.

Angela

Dan and Sarah said...

George is going to propose?????? I never thought I would hear those words or the word marriage in the same sentence as george frederick?! wow!!!!! the picture on the hill that you took blew me away I seriously want a copy of that. As for George ( I am still shocked) your first idea with a table, flowers and Candles sound nice, maybe you could throw in some kind of "cookie crumb" trail of flowers leading to the spot? or (for example) My cousin when she got engaged saw the proposal written out in bunches of flowers "will you marry me" on the trail, while they were on a casual walk. Let me know how it goes. Sarah

Kendra said...

Oh, I love the mushy stuff. I agree with Hoover Dam, there is also a lookout called Scenic Lake Overview and it is a small area where you can see the city lights and also the glow of Lake Mead. Marc and I used to go there all the time, pre-mission!